The Technical Group of Particulate Modification started in 1985 to contribute mainly to the pharmaceutical field. Japanese particulate modification technology is at the top level in the world, particularly in processing and industrialization of nanoparticles. The following technologies are expected to be developed from this time.
- Particulate modification focused on macroscopic environment of particle surface and surface boundary
- Particulate modification controlling mutual interaction between particles
- Particulate modification and equipment development aiming at energy saving and higher efficiency
- Development of non-contact sensor and system sensing particle behavior and properties inside equipment
In addition, the group will study orally disintegrating tablets and product discrimination which are drawing great attention in the medical field today.
Current level of technology, trend and activities in future
- Development of particle processing technology using the properties of particle surfaces and interfaces.
- Development of particle processing technology that can control interaction between particles.
- Development of particle processing technology, particle processing equipment, and additives for pharmaceuticals aimed at energy conservation and high efficiency.
- Development of sensors and monitoring devices that enable non-contact knowledge of particle behavior and physical properties in particle processing equipment.
- Development of unmanned processing processes and systems using the above.
- Practical application of a continuous manufacturing process for pharmaceutical formulations.
- Further research on OD tablets and swallowing aids.
- Enhancing the functionality of micro- and macro-devices by controlling the nanostructure.
③Technical group activities
- Active participation in the above activities, and the study and implementation of methods to develop human resources with the qualities to open up new fields.
- Active exhibiting and planning mini-symposia in POWTEX organized by APPIE.
- Actively plan and organize particle processing conferences and symposiums with the aim of cooperating with the globalization of APPIE member companies, especially in Asia.
- Development of international exchanges with practical benefits in collaboration with other technical groups of APPIE and other related academic societies and associations.
|Coordinator||Gifu Pharmaceutical University,
Department of Drug Delivery Technology & Science,
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Engineering
|Vice Coordinator||Meijo University||IWAMOTO/Kiyoshi|
|Representative Organizer||DALTON CORPORATION||ASAI/Naochika|
|Vice Representative Organizer||SHIN-ETSU CHEMICAL CO., LTD.||ITO/Yuichi|
|Organizer||ASAHI KASEI CHEMICALS CORPORATION||IMAI/Takuya|
|HOSOKAWA MICRON CORPORATION||YOKOYAMA/Hiroshi|
|KIKUSUI SEISAKUSHO LTD.||SHIMADA/Satoshi|
|NARA MACHINERY CO., LTD.||TANABE/Bunmei|
|OHKAWARA KAKOHKI CO., LTD.||OKAWARA/Masaaki|
|OHKAWARA KAKOHKI CO., LTD.||NEMOTO/Gentaro|
|SHIONOGI PHARMA Co.,||TOYODA/Toshitada|
|SPERA PHARMA, INC.||FUKUTA/Makoto|
|TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY, LTD.||SATO/Yoshinobu|
|TSUMURA & CO.||YOSHIMURA/Tomonari|